This is part of Book Blogger Appreciation Week (#BBAW), which is an event created to acknowledge the hard work of book bloggers and their growing impact on book marketing and their essential contribution to book buzz in general. Think of it as a retreat for book bloggers and a chance for us to totally nerd out over books together. And of course, shower each other with love and appreciation.
Be it a good book or bad, bloggers recommend books every day of the year. Sometimes we take their advice and it’s great! Today, tell us all about the book or books you’ve read because of a book blogger and be sure to sure to spread the blame around.
I'm quite slow when it comes to actually reading the books I buy or add to my wishlist. But my wishlist hasn't stopped growing ever since I started book blogging. It's awesome, although my bank account doesn't quite agree.
And I'm also terrible at keeping track of whom has recommended a particular book. But I know for sure I have to blame:
- Brona @ Brona's Books: Lauren Redniss' Radioactive: Marie and Pierre Curie, David Dyer's The Midnight Watch.
- Lianne @ Eclectic Tales: Julia Quinn's The Duke and I, everything Shakespeare
- Ana @ Things Mean A Lot: Jeanne Theoharis' The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks, Frances Hardinge's Cuckoo Song, Elizabeth Hand's Wylding Hall
- Kim @ Sophisticated Dorkiness: Matthew Goodman's Eighty Days, Sari Wilson's Girl Through Glass
- Katie @ Doing Dewey: Susan Carroll's The Dark Queen Saga, Matt Ridley's The Evolution of Everything: How New Ideas Emerge
- Maria Helena @ Marelden: Robyn Carr's Virgin River - my gateway to romance!
- Rachel @ Paper Cuts: Intisar Khanani's Thorn
- Simon @ Stuck in a Book: S.E. Lister's The Immortals and Hideous Creatures
Thanks to all of you for your fantastic recommendations. Even if I forgot to mention you here, your enthusiasm has changed my reading life.