miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

BBAW: Book Bloggers Have the Best Recs


This is part of Book Blogger Appreciation Week (#BBAW), which is an event created to acknowledge the hard work of book bloggers and their growing impact on book marketing and their essential contribution to book buzz in general. Think of it as a retreat for book bloggers and a chance for us to totally nerd out over books together. And of course, shower each other with love and appreciation.

Be it a good book or bad, bloggers recommend books every day of the year. Sometimes we take their advice and it’s great! Today, tell us all about the book or books you’ve read because of a book blogger and be sure to sure to spread the blame around.

I'm quite slow when it comes to actually reading the books I buy or add to my wishlist. But my wishlist hasn't stopped growing ever since I started book blogging. It's awesome, although my bank account doesn't quite agree.

And I'm also terrible at keeping track of whom has recommended a particular book. But I know for sure I have to blame:

Thanks to all of you for your fantastic recommendations. Even if I forgot to mention you here, your enthusiasm has changed my reading life.

13 comentarios:

  1. Ana and Kim also contribute a lot to my to-read list. I have Radioactive on my to-read list, but a different blogger to blame. First time visiting your blog - I'll be checking it out!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Glad you enjoy it :)

      Ana is responsible for half of my tbr list, to be honest.

      Eliminar
  2. Virgin River is a lovely book. Nice gateway to romance. I loved that whole series and I don't read much romance any more. Have you read others that Robyn Carr has written?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I've read Deep in the Valley from the Grace Valley trilogy. It has let me down. I was expecting something like Virgin River in terms of quality and it's most definitely not. Yet she writes great characters! I think about them as if they were people I personally know - which is going to make me finish the trilogy anyway.

      Eliminar
  3. Oh yay! I'm excited to hear that you picked up Matt Ridley's new book. I'm especially glad that you picked it up based my review since I liked it, but didn't love it. It's nice to know that even a review of a book that wasn't the best for me can help other bloggers find books they're interested in picking up :)

    I think I picked up Intisar Khanani's Thorn because of an e-mail from an author and I really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to see that you picked that up as well. It's a book I'd really like to see be discovered more by bloggers!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I actually think 3-star reviews are the best kind of reviews. They are hard to write, but they are often more reasoned than 5- or 1-star reviews. When we hate, we scorn, and when we love, it's hard to stop gushing to clarify what it is that has ticked us so.

      So 3-star reviews usually help me find books I wouldn't have thought twice about reading because I discover that the cons are far outweighed by the pros, according to my reading taste, of course. A 3-star review is not a bad review!

      Eliminar
  4. Aww, thanks so much for the mention :3 I'm glad you find my recommendations of interest!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I said above that Ana is responsible for around half of my tbr. Well, you're responsible for roughly the other half! It was only fair to mention you, so people can go read your blog after hiding their wallets! :)

      Eliminar
  5. Oh, I don't see that many people that read the Susan Carroll books! I loved that series!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Eighty Days was fun -- I hope you get a chance to read it!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! I'll try to read it sooner than later, because I developed quite a crush on Nellie Bly.

      Eliminar
  7. Thanks for the shout-out! I hope you've had time to read Radioactive and the Midnight Watch in between all the sightseeing :-)

    ResponderEliminar