lunes, 11 de enero de 2016

Life According to Literature: 2015

I saw this at Marelden's and thought it was a fun way of recording what I've read this year. The survey is originally Catherine Pope's.

Describe yourself: The Hedge Knight (George R.R. Martin)
      [Since I've been traveling so much this year.]
How do you feel: Too Much Happiness (Alice Munro)
Describe where you currently live: Paper Towns (John Green)
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Virgin River (Robyn Carr)
Your favourite form of transportation: Daddy-Long-Legs (Jean Webster) 
      [I struggled with this question, so I chose this book because of the legs. Lame, I know.]
Your best friend is: The Human Engineer (Jessica Brody)
You and your friends are: Amicae Aeternum (Ellen Klages)
What's the weather like: The Lightning Thief (Rick Riordan)
      [I'm traveling again in three days to spend a semester abroad, and it's scary.]
What is the best advice you have to give: The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky)
Thought for the day: Blue is the Warmest Color (Julie Maroh)
How I would like to die: O Último Cais (Helena Marques)
      [O Último Cais means The Last Harbor, that is, of old age.]
My soul's present condition: The Map of Chaos (Félix J. Palma)

6 comentarios:

  1. I very much enjoyed your answers! And the Daddy Long Legs was once a mode of transport, believe it or not: http://volkselectricrailway.co.uk/history/the-daddy-long-legs/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh wow, I had no clue. It was a very interesting story, thank you!

      Eliminar
  2. Fun meme! I might use it myself :-) I like your advice especially well.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Took me a few days, but I did the meme here :-)

      Eliminar
    2. Thanks for the kind words! I've enjoyed your answers, too.

      Eliminar
  3. I hope your year abroad is feeling less chaotic now that you're a quarter of the way through it.

    I've jumped on this meme a few months late :-)
    http://bronasbooks.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/stories-and-shout-outs.html

    ResponderEliminar