domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2015

Currently | Reunited with my books

shamelessly stole got this idea from Kim, who blogs at Sophisticated Dorkiness. She reviews the most amazing books, so go read her blog!

Burgos Public Library
I quite like the contrast between the new library and the old church

I've come back home after over a month and a half of living out of a tiny suitcase. October has been a great month for my PhD, but not so good for anything else. I haven't finished a single book in October! I couldn't participate in Dewey's Readathon, nor in Halloween events or the RIP challenge. I also blew Aarti's Diversiverse. I'm so happy to be home again! I have a backlog of books to read and reviews to write: All the Pretty Books is alive once more.

Time: 12:20

Place: Couch at home


Eating & Drinking: Greek yoghurt and panettone.


Reading: Yesterday I finished The Secret History, which left me quite in awe. I also finished Marvel Knights, which is the most awful Marvel comic I've read to date. Next up is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I loved the movie, so I expect to enjoy the book. And after that I have several books I'm looking forward to, like Fire Study, Chew: Bad Apples, or The Hound of the Baskervilles.


Playing: I am almost finished with the point-and-click adventure The Curse of Monkey Island. It's great fun, but I preferred the previous two. The story was better, and the puzzles were both harder to solve and more logical.


Watching: Castle. 8th season. I know it's just a procedural, but I enjoy it greatly because the literary references (of which there are few and far between lately) and because of the casting. They are good actors with great chemistry. The new season has started strongly, but I'm not convinced about the evolution of the characters, especially Kate. 

Hating: Deep cleaning and organizing. The apartment is kind of a mess. My suitcases lie half-unpacked, the laundry basket is scary and there's dust in every nook and cranny.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario