domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2015

Currently | Enjoying the Late Summer

shamelessly stole got this idea from Kim, who blogs at Sophisticated Dorkiness. She reviews the most amazing books, so go read her blog!

New bookstore in town · A game of Sherlock: Consulting Detective
September Book Photo Challenge · Hydrangea with bumblebee

It seems I'm getting over my stomach bug, whatever it was. Yay! I'm easing into routine - went back to work, started baking again and having more quiet evenings. I know this year I'm going to have to travel a lot, and I want to enjoy the time I have at home.


Time: 21:42

Place: Living room table at home

Eating & Drinking: Nothing yet, and I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner. I'm not really hungry.

Reading: Stretching The Collected Short Stories of Conrad Aiken, but I'm about to finish it. I don't know what to read next.

Playing: My bf and I are playing Sherlock: Consulting Detective, which is the perfect board game for book nerds.

Writing: A review for RIP X, a review for Conrad Aiken, and an abstract for work.

Watching: Firefly! I'm so in love with this show. Why was it cancelled? I'm also trying to watch movies that qualify for RIP, so that I start enjoying fall in all its gloriousness.

Listening: Back to Welcome to Night Vale. I missed this weird show. I'm trying to catch up before I read the novel. Next episode will be #59, Antiques, so I'm a bit behind, considering they just released episode #73.

Loving: I'm baking again! I started with something easy, cinnamon & apple bread pudding. It was delicious, specially with pecan vanilla ice cream.

Hating: I have to work tomorrow, and I don't want to go. I have to spend the morning in an event I'm not really interested in. I'd prefer to just run my samples like a normal working day. Ugh.

Promoting: I'm doing the September Book Photo Challenge over on Tumblr

Elsewhere:

The Secret Love of Married Couples @ Panels
"In books, especially, it seems like all of our best or most popular stories are either about falling in love–first dates, first fights, first make-ups–or falling out of it–cheating husbands, catty ex-wives, brutal custody battles. Nobody seems interested in the stories about staying in love. Of choosing, every day, to be in that partnership, even when you feel insecure or awkward."

Six Resources for Finding Great Nonfiction @ Sophisticated Dorkiness
"Today I wanted to share some of the places I go to get ideas for my book lists as as well as where I look for recommendations for new, excellent nonfiction. None of these are foolproof, but they definitely can provide some ideas for books to look into further."

Making Maps for Books @ BookRiot
"How exactly does one go about making a map of a make-believe place? To find out, I contacted some publishers, and they hooked us up with their mapmakers, who told us how they work with authors, how they draw maps, and what they’ve contributed to the fictional worlds they draw. So sit back, and prepare to travel without moving, as cartographers Tim Paul and Rhys Davies take us through the process of making a map of a place that doesn’t exist."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada