lunes, 26 de enero de 2015

V-Day Books

This is just a super quick announcement: Since the next major holiday is a celebration of love, I decided to try to spend February reading about love.

pic belongs to bookswithdylan
i'm nowhere near so talented and would never pretend to be


I'm going to venture into romance for the first time ever and I will not cheat with classics this time. Thankfully, Maria Helena from marelden kindly recommended a good book to start: Robyn Carr's Virgin River. I see Robyn Carr is a super famous romance author and she has lots of books, so I won't run out of reading material if I enjoy this series!

As far as I know, most romance deal with heternormative relationships, but I also want to explore other kinds of love that don't get as much representation in mainstream media: LGBT.

A possible reading list (that I will completely fail to follow, no doubt, specially taking into account my terrible record of following lists and commitments):

  1. Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  2. A Rogue by Any Other Name - Sarah MacLean
  3. Blue is the Warmest Color - Julie Maroh
  4. Paper Towns - John Green
  5. Rubyfruit Jungle - Rita Mae Brown
  6. Fingersmith or Tipping the Velvet - Sarah Waters
  7. The City and the Pillar - Gore Vidal
  8. The Secret Lives of People in Love - Simon Van Booy

If you want to join me, please do so! It will be great to discuss what we read and discover new books. 

1 comentario:

  1. I'm happy you're giving Virgin River a chance. Good luck!

    ResponderEliminar