|pic belongs to bookswithdylan|
i'm nowhere near so talented and would never pretend to be
I'm going to venture into romance for the first time ever and I will not cheat with classics this time. Thankfully, Maria Helena from marelden kindly recommended a good book to start: Robyn Carr's Virgin River. I see Robyn Carr is a super famous romance author and she has lots of books, so I won't run out of reading material if I enjoy this series!
As far as I know, most romance deal with heternormative relationships, but I also want to explore other kinds of love that don't get as much representation in mainstream media: LGBT.
A possible reading list (
- Virgin River - Robyn Carr
- A Rogue by Any Other Name - Sarah MacLean
- Blue is the Warmest Color - Julie Maroh
- Paper Towns - John Green
- Rubyfruit Jungle - Rita Mae Brown
- Fingersmith or Tipping the Velvet - Sarah Waters
- The City and the Pillar - Gore Vidal
- The Secret Lives of People in Love - Simon Van Booy
If you want to join me, please do so! It will be great to discuss what we read and discover new books.