- Books reviewed this month were Eva Weaver's The Puppet Boy of Warsaw (review) and Nancy Mitford's Wigs on the Green (review).
- A new classics spin came and went, and I hope it will help me make a dent on my classics list.
- I also tried to participate both on The Monster Readathon and Bout of Books, but failed miserably at both.
- New books!
What did I really finish during August, then?
19. Le Soleil d'Olympie by Jean Séverin (1967, YA historical fiction)
20. Nada by Carmen Laforet (1944, existentialist novel)
21. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (2012, thriller)
22. The Pillow Book by Sei Shōnagon (1002, memoir)
23. Night Film by Marisha Pessl (2013, thriller)
September will be a month for changes. Aside from the new position, I'm going to move to a slightly bigger place (more space = more books!). I don't know exactly how much reading I'll get done, and I don't want to turn reading into a stressful activity, so there are no specific goals for this month - just have fun reading! Some of the books I'm planning to get out of the TBR list are:
- The 19th of March and the 2nd of May by Benito Pérez Galdós
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
- The Arachnids by Félix J. Palma