lunes, 1 de septiembre de 2014

August in Review

August has been a great month regarding personal life. My job position has changed for the better (I start my new job tomorrow!), I've been on holiday, done bookish things, and read a lot. Unfortunately, it hasn't translated well into the blog. It hasn't been completely abandoned, though:



What did I really finish during August, then?



19. Le Soleil d'Olympie by Jean Séverin (1967, YA historical fiction)
20. Nada by Carmen Laforet (1944, existentialist novel)
21. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (2012, thriller)
22. The Pillow Book by Sei Shōnagon (1002, memoir)
23. Night Film by Marisha Pessl (2013, thriller)
September will be a month for changes. Aside from the new position, I'm going to move to a slightly bigger place (more space = more books!). I don't know exactly how much reading I'll get done, and I don't want to turn reading into a stressful activity, so there are no specific goals for this month - just have fun reading! Some of the books I'm planning to get out of the TBR list are:
  • The 19th of March and the 2nd of May by Benito Pérez Galdós
  • The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
  • The Arachnids by Félix J. Palma

2 comentarios:

  1. Yay for new books! Best of luck with the new job and with the moving (more space is always nice for us book lovers!) :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! I'm already looking for affordable bookcases :)

      Eliminar