viernes, 8 de agosto de 2014

The Classics Spin #7

It is the seventh edition of the Classics Spin for the Classics Club! I almost didn't publish the list on time! As it is summer, I decided to indulge and listed the books I'm most intrigued about twice, to increase the chance of getting them in the spin. Don't judge me, my brain is too fuzzy to face the hardest classics on my list. Who wants to read Joyce in August? Not me.

5 classics I'm neutral about:
1. A selection of Anton Chekhov's Tales
2. The Call of the Wild - Jack London
3. The Last of the Mohicans - James Fenimore Cooper
4. The Currents of Space - Isaac Asimov
5. Robot Dreams - Isaac Asimov

5 classics I'm intrigued about:
6. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle
7. The 19th of March and the 2nd of May - Benito Pérez Galdós
8. The One Thousand and One Nights - Anonymous
9. To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
10. The Guermantes Way - Marcel Proust

5 Persephone classics:
11. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - Winifred Watson
12. Saplings - Noel Streatfield
13. The Victorian Chaise Longue - Marghanita Laski
14. Minnie's Room - Mollie Panter-Downes
15. Miss Ranskill Comes Home - Barbara Euphan Todd


5 classics I'm intrigued about x2:
16. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle
17. The 19th of March and the 2nd of May - Benito Pérez Galdós
18. The One Thousand and One Nights - Anonymous
19. To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
20. The Guermantes Way - Marcel Proust

Let it spin!

4 comentarios:

  1. I see what you did there ;) I loved The Call of The Wild. I have been meaning to read something by Isaac Asimov because I was told that his works are a good introduction to the sci-fi genre. I loved Mrs. Dalloway so I'm really interested in reading To the Lighthouse too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ;)

      I have read I, Robot (and reviewed it here). I would say it is a great introduction to sci-fi, specially for classsics lovers like us. Let me know if you give it a try!

      I loved Mrs. Dalloway too! Would you like to do a readalong if I get To the Lighthouse? Or at any point?

      Eliminar
  2. Would you be reading the complete One Thousand and One Nights? I almost bought it at a used book store the other day and it was three rather thick volumes!

    Ooo, I have a Proust on my list too (quaking). I hope I get it another time. :-Z

    I loved To The Lighthouse. I actually liked it so much I read it twice, almost in succession.

    I hope that you have a great spin and get the book that you'd like the most!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!

      I'd like to read the complete One Thousand and One Nights, yes. I've read several best of compilations, but I want to know the real source. Of course, it wouldn't do to try to read the whole thing for a spin, but I would try to make a dent.

      Proust is more fun than everyone thinks he is! Dense with cultural references, I'll give you that, but really fun and incisive.

      Thanks!

      Eliminar