lunes, 18 de agosto de 2014

Bout of Books 11: Goals & Updates

Bout of Books

It is my first Bout of Books readathon, so I will concentrate on reading and reviewing and won't be too hard on challenges. I know my goals are unrealistic, but I want to push myself. If I don't complete them, it will still be a better week than usual.

I will be updating this master post every day with the number of pages read and the number of books and reviews I complete. Let's go!

Read:

1. Finish Night Film
2. Finish The Arachnids
3. Read from one or more of the following: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, The Age of Miracles, Kraken, Like Water for Chocolate, or any other from my TBR.

Review:

1. Any books finished within Bout of Books
2. Second batch of mini-reviews
3. Wigs on the Green, by Nancy Mitford
4. Nada, by Carmen Laforet
5. Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
6. The Pillow Book, by Sei Shōnagon


Day One - Monday

Number of pages I've read today: 22
Total pages I've read: 22 
Number of books I've read today: I've read from Night Film
Total number of books I've read: 0

Other: Listed and linked my goals

Day Two - Tuesday

Number of pages I've read today: 58
Total pages I've read: 80 
Number of books I've read today: Once again, I've read only from Night Film
Total number of books I've read: 0

Other: I'm realizing Night Film isn't such a page turner as I thought it was. It isn't a thriller, exactly. I want to know what happened to that Ashley Cordova girl and unravel the mystery surrounding Stanislas Cordova, but I'm in no hurry to do so. Bad readathon material. Boo. I think I'm changing my goals to 1) Make a dent in Night Film and 2) Finish The Arachnids.

Day Three - Wednesday

Number of pages I've read today: 30
Total pages I've read: 110 
Number of books I've read today: Just Night Film
Total number of books I've read: 0

Other: I'm more interested in Night Film every day, but it is definitely a slow book - not good readathon material.


Day Four - Thursday

Number of pages I've read today: 68
Total pages I've read: 178 
Number of books I've read today: 48 from Night Film and 20 from The Arachnids
Total number of books I've read: 0

Other: Tried to read more of The Arachnids today. Problem is I'm reading it with the BF, and we take frequent breaks. I've also started organizing my reviews.

It is time to admit that it is me who is not good readathon material this week. I quit readathoning, and will be reading at my own pace. Maybe I will be better off next Bout of Books!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada