martes, 29 de julio de 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays: Authors I Own the Most Books From


Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that anyone can answer. All you have to do is link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and add it to the Linky widget.

Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From


I don't own lots of books (yet), so I couldn't even make a top ten list this week. Boo. I give you my little list in order:

With 6 books, J.K. Rowling and Amélie Nothomb
J.K. doesn't need explaining - I own the hardcovers for the first five books and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The boyfriend owns the rest, but we haven't completely merged our libraries yet. That's too much of a commitment. Although we bought our first book together. But I digress.
Amélie Nothomb is one of my favorite authors ever. I discovered her through required reading for my French class and have been in love ever since. While her most famous novel is Fear and Trembling, I would argue her best is The Enemy's Cosmetique.

With 5 books, George R.R. Martin and Anne Rice
I own all of Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels that have been published, and an embarrassing high number of The Vampire Chronicles novels. Even when I was yong and had no better judgement, I knew I should have stopped before Memnoch.

With 4 books, Neil Gaiman and Virginia Woolf
I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman, but only own four of his books - Coraline, The Graveyard Book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and Anansi Boys. I am planning to get more of his books and do a Gaiman marathon at some point.
I got four of Woolf's novels as a Christmas gift in those beautiful Penguin Modern Classics editions, but have only read (and loved) Mrs. Dalloway.

Both Maggie O'Farrell and Kate Morton write similar books - leading women as main characters, different historical POVs which end up converging, and big family secrets. I prefer O'Farrell's stories, though. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox blew me away.
Philip Pullman is the author of His Dark Materials, a trilogy which had a great impact on me as a young reader. I reread it from time to time, and I still find something new to love about it.


...And finally a slew of authors with just two books. Who's on your list this week?

4 comentarios:

  1. I also read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles when I was young!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. They went well with my teen brooding! So dark, you know. I should do a reread to see if they were as bad as I remember them now.

      Eliminar
  2. I missed this great top 10.
    I have quite a few complete series so this would have been a breeze! Oh well.

    Your comment about not being ready to merge books struck a chord with me - it was one of the hardest things for me when My husband and I got together. We kept separate bookshelves for a number of years before the little merges began to happen :-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It's curious how we can share a house and a life, but not our books, isn't it? :)

      Eliminar