lunes, 21 de julio de 2014

Challenge Progress

I can't believe that the first half of the year has already gone by! Time does fly. I guess it's time to have a look at how I'm doing regarding reading challenges.

not my gif

Everything España, hosted at Caffeinated Life

When I signed up, I was aiming at 4 books, the Tourist level. Well, I've already finished three books and I'm about to finish the fourth! I've also reviewed all of them on the blog. Yay! Instead of stopping here, I might go on to try and complete the Frequent Traveller level (up to 9 books).

Reading Outside the Box, hosted at The Cheap Reader

I've read 13 out of 25 books, which is more than half! I still have to review some of them, but I'm so proud of myself for making the effort of reading outside of my comfort zone. This is the challenge that got me hooked on audiobooks, and for that I will be forever grateful. 

I'm still in need of great self-published books, so please leave your suggestions in the comments!

The 2014 TBR Pile Challenge, hosted at Roof Beam Reader

This is proving to be the hardest challenge of all. I chose my list with care to have a mix of current and classic, and long and short reads. Unfortunately, I've only read 3 out of 12 books. After all, all of those books are unread for a reason - either I find them too daunting or not shiny enough for my short attention span. I'm working on the list, though! I don't think I will complete this challenge by the end of the year, but at least I'll have made a good dent on my TBR pile.

The Classics Club

I didn't participate in the last spin. I'm not very involved in the 12 Months of Classic Literature, or the general conversations happening both at the club headquarters or on twitter. For all of this I hang my head in shame, but I'm hoping to change this soon.

Regarding the list itself, I've made little progress. I've read 4 books out of 52, three in the category of Domestic Fiction and one in Classic Genre Fiction, and I've reviewed all of them on the blog. I thought I was doing better, but that is because I'm reading more classics overall - I've also read three more books that weren't originally on the list. That wasn't my goal exactly, but it's not a bad side effect.

2 comentarios:

  1. You're doing much better than I!
    I deliberately shied away from including this years challenges in my 500 post summary...cause it's rather embarassing! I've moved from seeing them as a challenge to seeing them as reading guidelines it would be nice to fulfil :-)

    Thanks for stopping by today.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Well, thanks! Hey, challenges are hard. Specially when so many books you didn't know about suddenly come to your hands!

      Good luck with your guidelines! ;)

      Eliminar