domingo, 22 de junio de 2014

Currently | On a Summer state of mind

shamelessly stole got this idea from Kim, who blogs at Sophisticated Dorkiness. She reviews the most amazing books, so go read her blog!

Beach / Finn made of balloons / Summer clothes / Park
I've had a big reading slump. And thus a blogging slump (kind of obvious, no?). Or were the slumps feeding each other? Coupled with great weeks at work when I had lots to do, I have neglected the blog. But I was itching to come back to it!

Time: 19:21

Place: At home

Eating & Drinking: Six Herbs herbal tea (hibiscus, lemongrass, elmleaf blackberry, rose hip, mint, and lemon beebrush)

Reading: I have just finished A Dance with Dragons, the fifth volume in the epic fantasy saga A Song of Ice and Fire. It has been a disappointment and was certainly contributing to my reading slump. The review will be up in a couple of weeks. I'm now deciding what to read next, since it needs to be either a book I can finish in a work-packed five-day week, or a book I don't mind getting sand into, because I'm going to the beach!

Writing: I've been sprucing up the blog, and leaving some pre-written entries for when I'm on holiday.

Watching: I finished watching the last season of Game of Thrones. Despite the changes, they are doing pretty great, and I think they've come a long way from the first season. The season has been as heartbreaking as the book was - I'm loving every minute of it. I've also watched Man of Steel, which I appreciated as a work of art regarding cinematography, but surprisingly boring on the whole, and X-Men: Days of Future Past, which I loved to pieces. It's one of the few movies in which time-travel makes sense. I can't recommend it enough :)

Listening: The xx. I don't know how I didn't get hooked after the song they did for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, but I've finally noticed them. Better late than never. I'm loving Angels. I'm also finishing The Secret Garden, read by Karen Savage, and I'm loving it.

Loving: I've loved the last weeks. The weather was marvelous and I got to spend a morning at the beach! I'm also loving The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. It's a fantastic RPG game with a great story and a beautiful OST and world.

Hating: Organizing my wardrobe. But it needs to be done!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario