sábado, 26 de abril de 2014

Dewey's Readathon: Mid-Event Survey

Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now?
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Secret Garden.


2. How many books have you read so far?
None that I have finished, but I will!

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Fun Home, a graphic novel by Alison Bechdel

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
At first I thought I wouldn't be participating, since a couple of friends were going to spend the weekend at home. Then they had to postpone the visit and I got a sudden free weekend. I realised that the readathon was this weekend, so my initial sad, boring Saturday turned into a fantastic day!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
None! The Boyfriend has been dealing with those.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
The community spirit. It always gets me. So many people, yet all so close.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really! You guys keep making it better every year, but I really can't see a way to make it better.


8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Sleep more beforehand! Ha.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
I'm yawning. I can't believe this, I must be getting old.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Audiobooks. My eyes get tired from reading for long stretches of time, so I just read on audio for a while and I do chores or needlepoint work in the meanwhile (you can also go out, which was my plan all along, but the terrible weather thwarted that).

9 comentarios:

  1. I love both the Secret Garden and Miss Peregrine's Home !!! Hope you are enjoying those. I haven't been getting tired yet... but I am sure it is coming!

    Angie

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am enjoying both so far! And thanks for stopping by, once more!

      Eliminar
  2. Community is my favourite thing about readathon too. Audiobooks is a great tip! Keep it up you're doing great! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! I seem to have regained some alertness, and all your comments are really helping :)

      Eliminar
  3. The Secret Garden is my favorite! Thanks for cheering on Team Wordsworth!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This whole thing seems so awesome and yet so exhausting!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

      Eliminar
    2. You are right - it is the awesomest! I look forward to the readathon every single time - a whole day for reading and nothing else, sharing the experience with hundreds of people all over the world, is obviously the dream of any book nerd. I highly recommend this to any reader. Please let me know if you join up next October! :)

      Eliminar