sábado, 26 de abril de 2014

Dewey's Readathon: Hour 9

Snacks: Hot cocoa and biscuits.
ReadingMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on hardback and The Secret Garden on audio.
Pages Read: 120 from the hardcover and 5 chapters from the audiobook
Time Spent Reading: 2h 24min

I have reading and cheering for a good chunk of time in the last four hours. So much that I forgot to take a picture!


The readathon has magically woven a connection between my two reads. Unexpectedly, Jacob, the main character in Miss Peregrine's Home explores and old library, where he finds old copies of Peter Pan and The Secret Garden. I thought it was cool.

I've also profited the last rays of sunlight to advance my needlepoint work. I'm weaving a blanket with a vague aztec-ish design, while listening to Karen Savage read The Secret Garden. Perfect day is perfect. The readathon feels a lot like Christmas day.

4 comentarios:

  1. Hot Cocoa and Biscuits sound magical. And you are right, the readathon is like Christmas come early. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Glad you feel the same way about it - it's a sure sign that you are enjoying the readathon :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  2. Oh that's cool about the connection between your reads. Your needlepoint work sounds lovely :) Thank you for cheering and happy reading!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I also appreciate your cheer :)

      Eliminar