domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

Dewey's Readathon: Hour 20


Snacks: breakfast, which consisted of strong Russian Earl Grey and cookies.
Reading: It's Hard to Be Hip Over Thirty on paperback.
Pages Read: the 232 pages of Fun Home.
Books finished

  1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs
  2. Fun Home, by Alison Bechdel

So it's 9.30 am where I'm reading and I'm honestly surprised that I'm holding so well after 20 hours of reading and cheering and generally readathoning. The greatest pleasure has been opening the windows to let the early morning breeze come in, and getting an hour of reading with the background music of birds fluttering and chirping outside. It's a shame I can't see sunrises from my windows.

4 comentarios:

  1. Hour 20 is seriously impressive, especially if you consider that i've slept for about 7 hours and I'm still feeling groggy. Keep at it. Good Luck.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I guess the all-nighters I've pulled for my Masters, for seminars and meetings have trained me ;)

      Honestly, I am as surprised as anyone. I thought I would hit bed quite soon, but suddenly a second wind carried me through the whole night. Once the sun was up, it was easy-peasy. I think the winning combination were the cheerleaders (awesome! thanks A LOT!), the super-interesting short books, the snacks, hydration and the perfect amount of caffeine. I doubt I will repeat this feat again, though! :)

      Eliminar
  2. Really Well Done! 20 hours that is great.

    Happy Reading!

    Jill from Team Butler

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks. Team Butler has been cheering on me for 24 hours, so you all are an awesome bunch of cheerleaders. Thank you :)

      Eliminar