sábado, 26 de abril de 2014

Dewey's Readathon: Hour 15

Name in Titles Mini-Challenge
Sorry for the grainy quality, but it is late at night and my camera doesn't work well with artificial lighting

Name: MASANOBU
Titles: 
 1. Matilda - Roald Dahl
 2. Attentat - Amélie Nothomb
 3. Saplings - Noel Streatfeild
 4. A Tale for the Time Being - Ruth Ozeki
 5. North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell
 6. Orlando - Virginia Woolf
 7. Batman - Frank Miller
 8. Ulises - James Joyce

Snacks: Strong Russian Earl Grey Tea
ReadingMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on hardback and The Secret Garden on audio.
Pages Read: 109 from the hardcover and 3 chapters from the audiobook
Books finished: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs

I was starting to get tired a couple of hours ago (1 to 2 am) but a strong tea and some moving books here and there for the mini-challenges did wonders. I think I might be able to finally read for the 24 hours!

4 comentarios:

  1. How did you like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children? I've started more than once and I don't know what had kept me from making it past page 50... Should I try again?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It's hard to say without knowing your literary tastes, but I can say it has worked for me. The story wasn't what I was expecting at all - it really does change from what we are told at the start. It's a very original and imaginative book, but at the same time it has a couple of weak points here and there that I hope get strengthened in the sequel. The inclusion of pictures can be weird, but I think that they worked well in most cases, and only felt like a gimmick a couple of times.

      TL;DR: I liked it. I would give it another opportunity :)

      Eliminar
  2. Respuestas
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I just had breakfast (it's 8 am here), which included another strong tea, and went back to reading. I might really stay awake for the 24 hours, thanks to all of your kind comments! :)

      Eliminar