domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

Dewey's Readathon: End of the Event Survey

 End of Event Meme:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Inexplicably around Hour 12, but I magically recovered afterwards and I have been able to participate for the 24 hours.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Besides the books I recommended in past readathons (here and here), I would add Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Fun Home, any graphic novel and audiobook that can keep you entertained. All of them fast-paced books, either through medium, as is the case with comics, or actual plot pace.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Please, please, please, turn off the captchas for the sake of the cheerleaders' sanity. I know this isn't up to the organizers, but it would be cool if you could post a reminder just before the readathon.
 
4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
Cheerleading (I got cheered on for the whole 24 hours) and mini-challenges were especially cool. I had a look the prizes and I thought that classifying them in geographical categories was a great idea.

5. How many books did you read?
I completed 4 books and made a great dent in a fifth one. I have a read a total of 955 pages and 2.5 hours of audiobook listening. Yay!

6. What were the names of the books you read?
 - Fun Home, by Alison Bechdel
 - Superior, by Mark Millar and Leinil Yu
And I started The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
That has to be both Fun Home and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
It's Hard to Be Hip Over Thirty & People and Other Aggravations, by Judith Viorst. A truly appalling collections of poems by a woman who throws rocks to feminists and "different" people. Not exactly what I was expecting.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
There's plenty of time in the readathon to cheer - the moment it starts feeling like a chore, stop and resume when you make a reading break. It has kept me awake in those hours when the brain is too fuzzy to understand a book.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon? What role would you be likely to take next time?
100% likely unless real life gets in the way! Reader and possibly Cheerleader too.

Once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE - Cheerleaders, Organizers, Readers, Mini-Challenge Hosts, Prize Donors and Angels, you are all the best. I hope you all achieved the goals you had set for this readathon! See you in the next one! ;)

2 comentarios:

  1. Woohoo! I'm so impressed that you made it for the full 24 hours. I'm glad Miss Peregrine worked out for you. She's on my TBR.

    I re-read The Secret Garden recently and thought it stood up remarkably well in adulthood, much better than some other childhood classics. I hope you enjoy it!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! I've said before and I'll say it again: the cheering was really really helpful, so thank you!

      Miss Peregrine is very entertaining and intriguing! I'll be posting a review one of these days.
      I'm still reading The Secret Garden, and it definitely stands up really well. Much better than A Little Princess anyway. I was afraid that it wasn't as good as I remembered it! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Eliminar