sábado, 26 de abril de 2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Hour 0 - Kick Off Meme



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Same as always, Spain - windy and clouded Spain.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I couldn't say! My stack is full of really interesting books. 



From top to bottom:
 - Murder on the Links, by Agatha Christie
 - Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach
 - It's Hard to Be Hip Over Thirty, by Judith Viorst
 - The Victorian Chaise-Longue, by Marghanita Laski
 - Fun Home, by Alison Bechdel
 - The Puppet Boy of Warsaw, by Eva Weaver
 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs
 - A Dance with Dragons, by George R.R. Martin
 - Superior, by Mark Millar and Leinil Yu

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Veggie crisps. They are delicious. Oreo white chocolate is looking very tempting, too.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm trying to get my PhD. A year into gradschool, I'm realising this is crazier than promised, but still exciting. The sad part is that my reading and my blogging have plummeted - another reason why Dewey's Readathon makes me excited :)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my third readathon, and I'm doing something different! I'll be cheering! Cheerleaders have been great in past readathons to make me feel part of a community, so I hope I can do the same for other readers today. Go Team Wordsworth!

4 comentarios:

  1. I am an official cheerleader and you are the first blog i've been to that's outside of the United States! Glad to have you aboard. Looks like you'll be reading in spanish, but gave us the titles in english. Wise of you. Good Luck and enjoy!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! I know there are quite a bunch of us non-US-based bloggers - the Readathon is an awesome bookish event :)

      Eliminar
  2. I'm cheering for Team Butler. Go readers!

    Your stack looks terrific. The Read-a-Thon is a great way to take a break from PhD work (good luck with that, too, btw!)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for cheering and for the encouragement with the PhD work - both are necessary ;)

      Eliminar