martes, 4 de marzo de 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Authors I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that anyone can answer. All you have to do is link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and add it to the Linky widget.

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read


Ladies first...

  

1. Sylvia Plath
I am almost 100% sure I'd love reading The Bell Jar, but I haven't done so. I don't even know why!

2. Audrey Niffenegger
It's one of those authors I've always meant to read, but I haven't got around it yet. I've heard that her books are gothic, fast-paced and focus on family relationships, so what's not to love? I should just stop procrastinating reading her novels!

3. Diana Gabaldon
I really want to read Outlander, but there are so many books and they are so looong. I don't think I want that kind of commitment while A Song of Ice and Fire is still unfinished.

4. Veronica Roth
This is a very popular author I'm on the fence about reading. The premise of Divergent sounds great and the movie looks cool, but I've heard the sequels aren't that good? Am I right? Should I read this? Man, am I lousy with decisions.

5. Stephenie Meyer
Honestly, I don't see the appeal of her books. Neither the Twilight series nor The Host, so I'll be skipping Meyer for now.

...and then the gentlemen:

 

6. Truman Capote
Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies. I think I owe it to the man who created the original story, but I haven't yet read anything by him.

7. John Green
Please don't throw rocks at me! I want to read his books. For the longest time I thought he wasn't my cup of tea, but then I came across his vlogbrothers videos and they are so great! Witty and fast-paced, I'm sure he writes the best characters and the best witty banter. But my library doesn't carry his books. (I know. I live in Spain. He's only just gaining fame here because of The Fault in Our Stars. Let's hope the movie changes my library's opinion on the matter).

8. Rick Riordan
I have this feeling I would love Percy Jackson, but haven't picked the series up yet. I will. I promise. If his tweeter feed is anything to go by, I'm delaying having a great time reading.

9. Stephen King
One of those authors everyone and their mothers seem to have read except for me. What can I say? I'm such a wimp when it comes to the horror genre. I think I'm too easily scared for this author.

10. Dan Brown
I'm not really a fan of this conspiracy/thriller stories. They are kind of okay on TV, but they bore me to death in a book, so I'll pass on this one.

4 comentarios:

  1. I only read Outlander from Gabaldon (all of the books in that series looks massive O_O And I'm already reading through some massive series as well, lol) and I remember liking it enough. I also only read Niffenegger's The Time Traveller's Wife and absolutely loved that book :)

    Hope you enjoy Rick Riordan's books when you get to them! (I also remember liking Plath's The Bell Jar) I hope to read something from Truman Capote one of these days too :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure I'll get to all of them at some point :)

      Eliminar
  2. Gasp! You should read most of these folks! Really. Or not, because there are just too darn many books and not nearly enough time.

    I find Gabaldon over-rated and I skipped Divergent because I read so many post-apocalyptic etc that I just couldn't bring myself to read another series like that. (I did see the movie, though -- which is odd since I only go to the movie theater once every couple of years!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. And I really intend to read them (in most cases)! But there are so many books and so little time. Also, every time I go to the library, the list of books I wanted to get goes out of my head and I just get anything shiny that catches my attention. I guess my spirit animal is a magpie.

      Was the movie ok?

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar