The goal is to finally read 12 books from your own TBR pile in 12 months. Rules:
- Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2013 or later (). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
- To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky below – link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Books must be read and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
- The link you post in the Mr. Linky below must be to your “master list”. This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). Your complete and final list must be posted by January 15th, 2014.
- Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2014 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations)
My 2014 TBR Pile Challenge List:
Saplings by Noel Streatfield (1945)(9/28)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (1925)
The 19th of March and the 2nd of May by Benito Pérez Galdós (1873)(11/15)
- The Time in Between by María Dueñas (2009)
- Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov (1954)
A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin (2011)(6/21) Watchmen by Alan Moore (1987)(2/27)
- The Guermantes Way by Marcel Proust (1920)
Wigs on the Green by Nancy Mitford (1934)(7/31) It's Hard to Be Hip Over Thirty by Judith Viorst (1968)(4/26)
- Agent Zigzag by Ben McIntyre (2007)
- Kraken by China Miéville (2010)
- The Victorian Chaise Longue by Marghanita Laski (1953)
- Grimm Tales for Young and Old by Philip Pullman (2012)