jueves, 17 de octubre de 2013

The Liebster Award


Hey guys, I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Jennifer Windram! You might be wondering what exactly the Liebster Award is. As I understand it, it's a way to bring attention to new and interesting blogs. It is a really cool initiative, what with so many blogs and so little time. 
Thank you, Jennifer, for thinking of All the Pretty Books!

This award has a few rules:
  1. Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
  2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
  3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
  4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
  5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
If you are like me and think that grumpy cat and you are soulmates, it's easy to simply skip this. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sentiment, but this answering questions and things just isn't my thing. I didn't intend to answer it until I realized that I had a severe shortage of cool, new book blogs to follow. So please, please, if you are nominated, at least make a list of 10 bloggers who don't have as many followers as you think they should. Skip the questions if you want, but don't skip the bloggers!

As per the rules, now I must answer some questions...

1. What is your best summer memory?
The endless summer days from my childhood. I have never been able of reliving the perfect bliss of neverending summer fun - the fresh fruit, the pool, the beach, playing with my sister, my granny's house. It's impossible to pick a favorite.

2. Do you sing in the shower?
Never. Instead, I think or invent silly stories.

3. Have you ever put an empty carton of milk/juice back in the refrigerator?
Never. It's about the same effort it takes to put the carton in the trash, and I would probably be pissed with myself when I forgot I had put it back empty and wanted milk or juice.

4. Which bug do you like better: Roly Poly (pill bug) or Ladybug? Why?
Ladybugs are prettier, but roly polies are funnier. When I was a child, I used to gently poke roly polies just to see them curl.

5. Who is the person who makes you laugh so hard soda comes out of your nose and tears stream down your face?
My sister and my boyfriend.

6. Where do you go when you need to get away from it all?
Being a book blogger, this must be a cliché, but it's the truth nonetheless - the library or a book shop. A place where I can be surrounded by books. Books, the physical objects, instantly lift me up.

7. Do you ever hide from door to door salespeople?
Ha! I know I shouldn't, but some times I do. Door-to-door salespeople of the world, I'm sorry, but I don't want to open when I'm slacking around in pyjama bottoms.

8. When do you decide it's time to get gas? 1/2 tank? 1/4 tank? Warning light has been on for 10 miles?
When the warning light goes crazy. Seriously, it starts beeping from time to time and flashing red if you don't fill the tank, even though is just a little beneath 1/4.

9. What is the one talent you wish you had?
Speed reading! That or multi-tasking. I know, I could have chosen many things, but there are so many books and so little time.

10. If you could time travel would you go to the future or the past?
The future. I would be too scared to enjoy the past, in case I screwed something up. And I'd like to know what the future looks like.

Now, these are my nominees, book bloggers edition...

1. The Things You Can Read
2. Pop! Goes the Reader
3. The Completionist
4. Fictional Fix
5. The Most Happy Reader
6. Book, Interrupted
7. Turn the Page Reviews
8. Leeds Bookworm
9. Literature Frenzy
10. Read Books and Blog

And these are my questions!

1. What is your favorite treat or dessert?
2. How do you like your coffee/tea?
3. Do you have any tattoos? If not, would you get one?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What is your favorite book? Why?
6. Do you ever send snail mail?
7. What is your best school memory?
8. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
9. What are you most looking forward to in 2014?
10. Where did you go on your last vacation?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario