martes, 29 de octubre de 2013

Teaser Tuesdays - Halloween Edition

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Rules here.

As I wanted to have a little Halloween blogging celebration this week, I decided to make a Teaser Tuesdays: Halloween Edition!


Copyright missing! Did you carve this amazing pumpkin?

My teasers:
“Monsters come in all shapes and sizes, Some of them are things people are scared of. Some of them are things that look like things people used to be scared of a long time ago. Sometimes monsters are things people should be scared of, but they aren't.”
The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman
Finally, the review will go up tomorrow. And this time, for real.


"I found a secrit door and when you go thru you turn into a gowst. It's fun to bee a ded persin."
Welcome to Lovecraft, by Joe Hill
I reviewed this scary graphic novel with demons living in wells and little kids turning into ghosts yesterday.


"One of his eyes resembled that of a vulture - a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees - very gradually - I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever."
The Tell-Tale Heart (Complete Tales & Poems), by Edgar Allan Poe
And a wonderful classic to end this Halloween Multi-Teaser Tuesday. Nobody wrote bone-chilling stories as well as Poe.

14 comentarios:

  1. Your reading is certainly in the Halloween spirit. Great teasers. Mine is here

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Four great teasers! They are all spooky, but I absolutely love the first one. I haven't read that book yet, but it's on my radar. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You noticed the pumpkin! :)

      I loved it. You might want to have a look at my review.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  3. Aww, I love your idea for Halloween teasers, and these are great! I've been meaning to read Neil Gaiman's book for a while, since it sounds awesome. And I'm an Edgar Allan Poe superfan. :) Great ,great teasers!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thanks for sharing these! Now I'm in the Halloween spirit!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. All of them are great Halloween books.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  5. All great teasers. I read Neil Gaiman's awhile back and thought it was great. I'd never read anything of his before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. His backlist is as great as The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  6. I just read The Ocean at the End of the Lane recently, and LOVED it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week! Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar