martes, 22 de octubre de 2013

Teaser Tuesdays - The Forgotten Garden

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Rules here.


Parc del Laberint d'Horta, Barcelona
I'm reading The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. She's had a book out this year, The Secret Keeper, but I've only read her first, The House at Riverton. I loved it. If you enjoy family secrets and/or Downton Abbey, make yourself a favor and go read The House at Riverton. I don't know why I've waited so long to read a book with such an interesting summary:

Cassandra is lost, alone and grieving. Her much loved grandmother, Nell, has just died and Cassandra, her life already shaken by a tragic accident ten years ago, feels like she has lost everything dear to her. But an unexpected and mysterious bequest from Nell turns Cassandra's life upside down and ends up challenging everything she thought she knew about herself and her family.

My teaser:
What I'm about to tell you is our family's big secret. Every family's got one, you can be sure of that. Some are just bigger than others.
~p.23, The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton


14 comentarios:

  1. I really want to read Kate Morton. I've heard great things about her books. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I can only say positive things about her books, so I hope the teaser encouraged you to pick up one of Morton's novels.

      Thank you for stopping by, and for sharing your teaser. I've just added A White Room to my goodreads wishlist.

      Eliminar
  2. Oh! Thanks for sharing this! I'm a huge fan of Downton Abbey! I will definitely add this to my read list. Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Only fair, since I'm now really curious about Splintered! I'm a big Alice fan :)

      Thank you for stopping by, as well!

      Eliminar
  3. You have me curious. I must read this book.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I'm really liking it. Tell me what you think, if you read it :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  4. Good teaser and comparing to the Downton helps too! Here is mine and Mine

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Now I'm trying to figure out what my family's big secret is.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ha! I've been trying to figure out mine's ever since I read that passage. I doubt it will be material for a novel, though ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  6. Every family does indeed ;)
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/teaser-tuesday-october-22/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. We all do, but they're not all as interesting and engrossing! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Eliminar
  7. This sounds like a book I'd adore. Can't wait to find out what the family's secret is.
    My Teaser is from PEACE BY PIECE.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Glad to have piqued your curiosity :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Eliminar