domingo, 13 de octubre de 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Hour 24

I couldn't read for the last two hours, but it has been great! I'm sad it ended so soon.


Copyright missing! Did you create this gif?


Final Questionnaire

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hours 12-13. I had to reread paragraphs because I couldn't focus. My eyes were so strained! I just had to go to sleep.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Graphic novels! There are many choices, one for every reader. They are usually easier to read, they have compelling stories mainly made of dialogue and you can finish one or more during the read-a-thon without investing much time.
Examples of graphic novels I've read and enjoyed: Locke and Key, The Sandman, Maus, Sin City, V for Vendetta.
But really, the world of comics is a vast one. There is even a graphic novel version of In Search of Lost Time, Proust's epically long novel!

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Nope, I don't. The read-a-thon is amazing as it is.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Mini-challenges were really good this year, in content and organization.

5. How many books did you read?

I finished 3 and am halfway through a fourth. I've read 656 pages!

6. What were the names of the books you read?

I finished:
Locke and Key #1: Welcome to Lovecraft, by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodríguez
Locke and Key #2: Head Games, by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodríguez
The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman
And I started The Mysterious Affair at Styles, by Agatha Christie (the first Poirot mystery).

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It is great, well-written and fast-paced. It's a children novel hidden inside an adult novel.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I can't say, I really liked everything I read. I followed the advice from veteran read-a-thoners for choosing read-a-thon books and it worked wonders!


9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't, but I am seriously considering cheering next year. Any advice will be welcome!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

If life doesn't get in the way, 100% likely. I really love the experience and the feeling of being part of the bookish community. And it has given me more time to read and finally kicked me out of my reading slump.

6 comentarios:

  1. I'm so glad you got to participate and that you had a great time! Hope to see you around the blogosphere soon!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! You hosts and organizers are amazing people. I could have so much fun thanks to your efforts!

      Eliminar
  2. I have The Ocean at the End The Lane on audio. I thought I might listen to it yesterday but my print books kept me busy.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. If you like weird fantasy and the audio has a good narrator, it has the potential for being one of the most awesome books you'll ever read. I really loved reading, but I have the feeling it could be even more awesome to listen to it.

      And your print books sound great. No wonder you didn't get a chance to listen to The Ocean at the End of the Lane. That graphic novel by Shaun Tan has really got my attention.

      Eliminar
  3. Everyone said I should get graphic novels, but I didn't listen. After my first time staying up all night for the read-a-thon, I can see their appeal and might actually stock up on some next year :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I'm glad I contributed to your future read-a-thon enjoyment! :)

      And it's an impressive feat that you stayed awake and active during the 24 hours. Way to go!

      Eliminar