viernes, 11 de octubre de 2013

Another Book Haul: The Library Version

I've come back from the library with quite a loot, that along with my new books and my impossibly huge to-be-read list, should help me stay focused during the read-a-thon. Also, I just remembered I have people over on Saturday, so I'll do my best but (obviously) I won't be reading during the 24 hours. 

Without further ado, the library stack!


Frog says Hi!

1. Isaac Asimov - Robot Dreams
    Robot Dreams collects 21 of Isaac Asimov's short stories spanning the body of his fiction from the 1940s to the 1980s - exploring not only the future of technology, but the future of humanity's maturity and growth.
    I really liked I, Robot, so I've decided to continue reading Asimov's Robot and Foundation series. And it even counts for my Classics Club challenge!

2. Agatha Christie - The Mysterious Affair at Styles
    The famous case that launched the career of Hercule Poirot. When a wealthy heiress is murdered, Poirot steps out of retirement to find the killer. As the master detective makes his way through the list of suspects, he finds the solution in an elaborately planned scheme almost impossible to believe.
    I've never ever read anything written by Agatha Christie. I know, I know. I'm willing to fix it.

3. Katherine Paterson - Bridge to Terabithia
    Who doesn't know this children classic? Well, me, that's who. This book didn't find me when I was a kid, but better late than never.

4. Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    A horrific family tragedy sends sixteen-year-old Jacob to a remote island off Wales, to the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, where he finds unusual old photographs. The children, one his grandfather, were more than peculiar, perhaps dangerous, quarantined for good reason - and maybe still alive.
    The title intrigued me, then I heard about the photographs and the weird air and put it on my wishlist. Now I'm a little wary because it isn't really popular among my GR friends, or the GR community at large.

Now that the Nobel Prize has been awarded, I'm regretting not having taken home something by Alice Munro. Too Much Happiness sounds right up my alley. Next time. By the way, if you are willing to read something by the recent Nobel laureate, you might want to start here.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario