martes, 3 de septiembre de 2013

Teaser Tuesdays - The Hand that First Held Mine

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Rules here.
My teaser:
© John Deakin
She has been overcome by a desire to look at the baby. She needs to do this, she's noticed, at regular intervals. To check he's there, to check she hasn't dreamt it all, to check he's still breathing, to check he's quite as beautiful as she remembered him to be, quite as astonishingly perfect.
~p.43, The Hand that First Held Mine, by Maggie O'Farrell


Okay, 3 sentences, because 2 didn't quite capture the book. This novel is packed with quotes and experiences of new motherhood, that I know to be true because of my recently acquired status of aunt to a lovely baby. On top of that, there's art, mistery and memory in this intriguing read.

6 comentarios:

  1. Hey there. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Be sure to check it out at http://jenniferwindram.com/2013/09/03/the-day-has-finally-come-the-liebster-award/

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh, wow! You're right, three sentences capture the book much more. Your teaser makes me very interested in this book.~

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Try it. Maggie O'Farrell writes really great characters with very interesting stories.

      I've already finished the book, so I'll post a review soon. Keep your eyes peeled! :)

      Eliminar
  3. Great teaser! I don't have children of my own, but I imagine the experience to be like this!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! That's what I've gathered from my sister.

      Eliminar