lunes, 10 de junio de 2013

In my Mailbox #1

One of my greatest pleasures is arriving home to find a new book in my mailbox. Even more if it comes from Persephone BooksIt's almost like Christmas! In their own words, Persephone Books reprints fiction and non-fiction by mid-twentieth century (mostly women) writers. That tagline alone was enough to make me interested and it is now easily my favorite publisher. (You know you are a booknerd when you say you have a favorite publisher. I am aware that I might have a problem.)


The books they have chosen are really well-written and still relevant, but most of them have been forgotten after their publication or never received enough attention in the first place. And that is sad, because they are amazing stories, especially if you are like me and can't resist a good WWII home front book.



On a more superficial note, they are also beautiful to look at. And who doesn't love a pretty bookshelf? All of them have plain grey jackets, pretty endpapers and a matching bookmark. The endpapers are carefully chosen to match the contents of the book - exploring the origin of the fabric that inspired the endpaper is often a story in itself.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario